All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. We offer electrical testing in Corsham and the surrounding area as all electrics need to be regularly inspected and tested to check they are in satisfactory condition. These checks are commonly known as periodic inspection and testing. A period inspection checks the condition of existing electrical installation against BS 7671, the UK Standard for the safety of electrical installations.
Once completed you will be issued with an Electrical Condition Report (EICR)
A Periodic Inspection will:
- Find out if any circuits or equipment are over loaded
- Identify any electric shock risks and fire hazards
- Discover any electrical defects
- Identify any lack of earthing or bonding
How often should I get my Electrical Installation Checked?
- 10 years for an owner-occupied home
- 5 years for rented property
- When a property is being prepared for letting
- Before selling a property or when buying a previously occupied property