Not what you expect on a Monday morning.
We received a call of loss of power and luckily we were working locally. We managed to call round in 5 minutes and we were greeted by a consumer unit fire. The cause? Loose connection, faulty main switch or overloading. We luckily caught it before the fire spread.
This highlights the importance of electrical wiring checks and the addition of 18th edition compliant metal consumer units. The fact that this board was metal it managed to contain the fire within.